Saturday, April 01, 2006

Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV This Week

Ian McWethy, you were the Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV This Week.
-
My friend and neighbor made his requisite debut on last Sunday's Law & Order, "Wasichu." Ian got a nice chunk of screentime, brooding as the apparently pivotal character Jud Rorich, the pot-trafficking or pot-using--something with pot, or maybe cocaine--teen. Ian brilliantly embodied everything that's wrong with American kids today, with their hair dye and rock music and apathetic detachment.
-
Ian's co-star was Mr. Big, cast as the detective grilling Ian for something. Apparently Ian saw something out of the window that was important to the plot. I really don't have any idea what happened on the episode; it had something to do with real estate and drugs, and there was a murder, blah blah blah. But Ian was on it, and HE GOT TO CRY! He totally broke down. Awesome.
-
All of Ian's Lavender Hill(*) buds gathered in his apartment, and the big screening was unsurprisingly so well themed up. Ian's girlfriend Carrie wrapped the apartment in police tape and placed all the utensils for her baked goods in ziplocks marked "Exhibit A," "Evidence: Do Not Tamper With," and such. And to celebrate Jud Rorich, Melissa came all gothed out. Yeah Melissa, as if you really needed to hotten yourself up even more with fetish-wear.
-
At the first commercial after Judfest (as the scene will no doubt be called on the L&O message boards), everyone in Ian's family started calling to congratulate the cutest lil goth kid ever.
-
(In a brief moment of earnestness, CONGRATS, IAN!!!)
* * * * *
(*) - Editor's Note, 4/10/6: I had been sitting on this post for a while, waiting for Urban Dictionary to accept my definition of "Lavender Hill." Urban Dictionary didn't for whatever reason, maybe because I used words like "erroneously" or used "its"/"it's" correctly while they're going for a different kind of feeling. Here's the definition Urban Dictionary did not accept:
Lavender Hill - (N.) The uptown section west of Broadway in Manhattan's
Washington Heights, perhaps erroneously labeled for its
allegedly concentrated gay population. Referred to by realtors as "Hudson
Heights."
Ex.: I don't know what kind of place the Monkey Bar is trying to be, but it is
on Lavender Hill...
"Lavender Hill" comes from a favorite bee/neighbor and her gay boyfriend.
* * * * *

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,

Can you pass a message along to Ian for me? I don't know how to contact him anymore...

Anyway, CI is pretty much my favorite show right now, and I remember watching this episode and calling out, when Ian was on-screen, "Oh my God! That's Ian McWethy!" Then I freaked out for, like, a couple weeks or so. Still, I wasn't completely sure till it was recently posted definitively on imdb. Then I did a google search to see if he had some website or something so I could say congrats; this was the closest thing I could find.

So yeah, just tell Ian that I saw it and that it rocked, and that I'm glad things seem to be going well for his acting. And tell him that I never got to see "Travis", dammit, and that I still want a copy! I mean, I was script supervisor!

-Greg N., from Arlington

(I'm hesitant to post my contact info on the Internet...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home