Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Brogging Abroad

Today begins a very special, limited edition section up here in Matt the Great-land. For up to the next two weeks, teaMMatt will relocate to Kyoto, Japan, and teaMMatt will [possibly] be blogging about it. Readers know that teaMMatt only does things that are well themed up, so this special section will be called "Brogging Abroad."
-
What is "Brogging Abroad"? At first I thought it would be a haiku-a-day, but then I realized that thinking I would actually write eleven haikus was a terrible joke. Then I thought it would be a photo-a-day, but then I realized that me thinking I have the tech capabilities to post my own photos was a terrible joke. And then I thought it would be an Engrish quote-of-the-day, but then I realized that I would likely just start making things up. But then I realized my answer. In my angst period and even my post-angst period, Alanis Morissette's website was a regular hit. She had [still has?] a section titled "Musings," and that's basically a place for her to do whatever the hell she wants. Poetry, jokes, observations, watercolors--it's just Alanis "being free." Gross, no? But that will be "Brogging Abroad." Matt the Great "being free."
-
The trip's already in shambles. At midnight tonight, I got the call from OrbitzTLC saying my 10:00 am LGA-ORD flight was canceled, so they've taken the liberty of booking me on the 7am. Supershuttle arrives in two hours. Rock.
-
Nonetheless, I left a really cute extended absence greeting on my cell phone, and I am totally stoked. I'd like to say I'm going because I want to visit my good friend. Or because I got an amazing airfare. Or that I am expanding my life experience. Or that I will have seen all of the world's captive whale sharks by the trip's end. But let's face it: there is one reason I am going to Japan, and that reason is that Gwen Stefani made Japan awesome by choosing it as a phase to go through on her cd. Look out Love, Angel, Music, and Baby; there's a new Harajuku Girl in town, and her name is Matt the Great.
-
[Note: I had such a bad-ass picture of Gwen and her Harajuku Girls for this, but Blogspot's being a turducken, and you guys suffer for it. Sorry.]

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Matt,

Shouldn't it be brogging abload? In any case, you know that we will miss you like mad. Have a great time.

Showtunes

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger action-jackson said...

holly shit, i'm so jealous. have an amazing trip! please post a picture of me in a public place in japan.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home